We provide various opportunity to young dancers in order to find and develop their talent, as well as contributing and developing the dance culture in Japan and training the future generation.
● Junior I (9 to 12 years old)
● Junior II (13 to 15 years old)
● Senior I (16 to 18 years old)
● Senior II (19 to 30 years old)
*Age as of the competition date (29th March 2019)
●Tue 26th March : Workshop (not included in competition judgement) and Audition for Russian ballet schools
●Wed 27th March : Competition judgement for Junior I
●Thu 28th March : Competition judgement for Junior I and Junior II
●Fri 29th March : Competition judgement for Junior II, Senior I and Senior II and Announcement of prize winners
● Tuesday 26th March : Noah Studio Gakugeidai for workshop and audition
7F Noah Building, 5-25-10, Himonya, Meguro-ku, Tokyo, 152-0003
[Tokyu Toyoko Line] 13 minutes walk from "Gakugei-daigaku 学芸大学" station or "Toritsu-daigaku 都立大学" station
Access to Noah Studio
●Wednesday 27th & Thursday 28th, Friday 29th March: Nerima Culture Center (Main hall) for competition
1-17-37, Nerima, Nerima-ku, Tokyo, 176-0001
[Seibu Line・Yurakucho Line・Oedo Line] 1 minute walk from the Central Exit of Nerima Station
Access to Nerima Culture Center
About the performing piece
1) Classical variation from the Repertoire
2) Junior I and II may perform on flat shoes.
3) Make sure that you have the right to perform and use the music of the variation you chose. We are not responsible for copyright matters in any circumstances.
4) To change the variation of your choice is acceptable. But it's accepted only once by the end of January.
5) There is only one round for judgement, please prepare only one variation to perform.
1) The variation you chose must not exceed 2' 30".
2) No reverence.
3) If your variation exceeds 2' 30", you will be disqualified.
1) Perming order is randomly decided by PIBC office.
1) Please bring the music the day of the competition and give it to the sound crew.
2) The music must be on a CD-R. Other forms are not accepted.
3) If you are making a CD on your own (copying from your PC etc), please make sure that your CD works on a music player, not on a PC.
4) Formats accepted on the CD are the following: Audio CD, WAV, MP3. There is no problem if the CD works on a music player, not on a PC.
5) Please make 2 copies of CDs, the other one will be for back up.
6) The CD must be new, and ONLY ONE music, the one you will use, must be recorded.
7) Please make sure that your music starts at the very beginning (it should start from 0’ 00”).
8) Please make sure that you "finalize" your CD-R.
9) Please put your CD in a square case, and write on the CD and on the case the following:
①your entry number ②your full name ③name of the variation ④cue of the music ⑤Entrance (stage right or left)
10) If you have a particular cue for your music to begin, please have a teacher or an attendant to give the cue directly to sound crew.
11) We will hand you back the CDs within 2 hours you have finished your performance at reception.
12) Changing the variation of your choice is accepted but only once by the end of January.
13) It is not allowed to copy more than 1 music for 1 CD (ex. 2 candidates share 1 CD is not allowed) .
1) If an infringement of the regulations is found, the candidate will have a penalty (point deduction or disqualification).
2) If there is any problem with the music, the candidate will be disqualified.
1) Taking photo and video movie are strictly prohibited.
2) In case of absence, if you are aware before the competition date please contact PIBC office. If not, please call directly the theatre.
3) PIBC office reserves the right to use photos, videos of the competition for advertisement, as well as names and address (not further than the city name) of the awardees.
Announcement of prize winners
1) Announcement of the results will take place on Friday 29th March, after all the candidates have performed, at the theatre main hall.
About the stage
1) You are allowed to use small props and costumes for your performance, but you are not allowed to bring sets to the stage.
2) Stage dimension 18 meters large, 13 meters depth, ceiling 8 meters high.
3) Background is a white Horizont curtain.
4) Lighting: simple lighting (no colors)
1) Each candidate will be given one pass, as well as one pass for one attendant.
2) You cannot enter the changing rooms without a pass. Please carry it with you at all times.
3) Evaluation sheets with the judges’ comments will be given to every candidate.
4) The 2 passes (one for the candidate, one for attendant) will be sent by post to the address written on the application form around the beginning of March.
5) If you need extra passes for costume delivery etc. please contact PIBC office directly. PIBC office reserves the right to determine if extra passes are necessary or not.
1) Participation for the competition: 25,000 yens
2) Participation for workshop: 5,000 yens (optional)
2*) Participation for Russian ballet school audition: 7,000 yens (optional)
3) Evaluation sheets with the judges' comments will be given to every candidate.
4) Entry fee for watching the competition: 1,000 yens
5) No refund after application